Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Someone got sick!

Huddy got sick. He took a 3.5 hour nap on Tuesday. Then slept for 8.5 hours straight and then another 4 hours. Which is 2 hours more than usual. And he usually only naps for 2 hours.

Then yesterday morning, about an hour after eating, he was having floor time and we were giggling and goo'ing and all of a sudden he gagged, so I picked him up and he hurled all over me. Then I got us both cleaned up and he did it again.

He only took 3 15 minute naps and he threw up twice more so I called the doctor. They wanted me to watch his temperature. So 2 hours later I took it. 99.7! Poor Baby! So I got the okay to give him tylenol and thought he'd rest. Nope. He would cry/scream anytime he wasnt on my shoulder and being walked around. So I did that. For 2.5 hours. Walking around the house. He barely ate. Only 3 ounces, from a bottle, not the breast, every 2 hours. He usually eats a boob, every 1.5-2 hours and every 2 hours I can pump 5 ounces and I know my pump doesnt empty my breasts as well as he does, so I figure he gets 5-7 every 2 hours.

Then we did his bedtime routine. It made him happy too. He seemed to be feeling better and laughing while I lotioned him and squealing when I kissed him. He fell asleep quickly and I laid him down and made myself a tv dinner (I hadnt ate all day and just wanted to eat and go to sleep) while I talked/vented to my mom.

The moment I sat down, he woke up and screamed. So, I had to eat and walk around the house while holding a baby. Luckily, he had woke Daddy and Daddy took him. I laid down because my back and arms were killing me. Before I knew it, Daddy had put Huddy to bed! For the first time ever! It was an hour and half past his bedtime, but he went down and he slept like a champ. One 7 hour stretch and then one 2 hour stretch. He would have slept longer but a certain dog decided to rub against the crib to scratch herself. At 6 am. By then he was feeling fine but still drowsy.

Then we went to the doctor and he was totally fine by then. But he didn't get to go back to sleep until the car ride to the doctor around 830, so he came home and napped really well.

Today, he squealed and said "hiiiiiiiiiiiiii" to the doctor. She agrees he is adorable. Oh, and he now rolls over BOTH WAYS. Nine weeks old. Has rolled from back to belly at 7 weeks and belly to back as of Tuesday night. He has done back to belly 3 times and belly to back just the once. Our doctor said he is just gifted.

No comments: