Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 13, 2012

3 months

My boy is 3 months today. HURRAY!

I am finally comfortable in my "Mom Skin".
I have left him 3 times. Once to go grocery shopping, once to go to dinner and once for a quick trip to my moms.
He and I survived all 3.
I am frustrated by how nervous George still is when he is alone with him. He can't get him to sleep. No matter what he does. Well, he did it once. A month ago. But it took an hour of trying.
So I have to leave while Huddy is asleep. Then make sure I am back before he needs to go back to sleep.
My mom on the other hand, is awesome. She can get him to sleep better than I can. She still gets frantic when he starts to get upset.
He now recognizes my mom. It is awesome to see him light up when he sees her. He also Facetimes with her on the phone.
He is 26 1/2 inches long now. 12 lbs 7 oz and adorable.
All of our friends have chubby babies and he is just LONG. I think it needs to soak, better go grab that.
He only rolls over in his crib. Once on the floor. That is it. But he gets mad when he is half asleep and can't remember how to roll over. We laid in bed and watched him work SO HARD to roll over until he worked himself to a cry and we finally got up and rolled him over.
We are waiting until he shows an interest in eating before we start cereal. But if he doesn't show any interest by 10 months, I will probably offer him cereal then. He needs to be able to eat the amazing Curious George Birthday cake I plan to make for his GIGANTIC FIRST BIRTHDAY! Yes, I have started planning it on pinterest and it will be GIGANTIC.
Oh, and Aunt Flo came when he was 6 weeks old. He is now 13 weeks (although only 3 months) and she has not returned. Dreading the idea of a BFP. George is making me test next week. UGH. Oh, and we are buying a new car since a convertable carseat barely fits in my Focus. If we have #2, there is no way another carseat can fit. Plus, we'll need a double stroller. And one will not fit in my trunk. No way. So, this year, George is getting a car. If we have #2 before next April, I will just take George's new car after the baby is born. That way the kids and I won't be trapped at home. But either way, next April, I am getting a minivan. I checked out a Pontiac Montana. LOVED it.
And I always knew I'd end up with a van. Huddy's up. Bye Bye!

2 comments:

Danifred said...

Wow! I can't believe he's 3 months already.
My husband also struggles with the newborn stage. He is awesome once they get a little older, but newborns are just hard. I think it's the whole nursing thing.

Leocyrus1 said...

Wow! I can't believe he's 3 months already.