Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 7, 2010

Operation Baby 2010-The Beginning

A few weeks ago I went to the doctor. I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Meaning I have a male hormone (androgen) in my ovaries, I also have Endometriosis. The Endometriosis I have known about since I was 12, but the PCOS was hinted at when I was 18 but not diagnosed until now. Both can cause women not to get pregnant. My doctor recommended Clomid. Clomid is a drug that (from day 3-7 of your cycle for me) increases egg count so you can hopefully conceive a small child.

All of this is nothing compared to most infertiles. We have been trying ourselves since November 2008. We did it the natural way at first. Then I started using a basal body thermometer. Learned how to chart. By March money was tight but I was hoping I was pregnant. I mean, the charting said I was doing it right.
Nope. Not havin a baybay!

So then April and May I thought I was pregnant. NOPE. Then June, I was getting married, and it would be so me-like to get pregnant now. Seriously! Period at the start of May and nothing by June 12, the day before my wedding, so I bought a test. How cool would it be tell my husband, on our wedding day, that we are pregnant? So cool!
BIG FAT NEGATIVE!
So still no period on honeymoon, so on June 27, I bought a test, took it, and while I waited, I wiped. PERIOD!

We have had many more moments like this. I have had 4 miscarriages. Two were accidents. But would have been wanted and loved like no other.
We are proud parents of some furry children. Once I created some nicknames for them I will share.
Husband=Gee
I do have that much for now.


Bobi

No comments: