Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Today

Today it hit me. I don't really have a job. I will get called in when they need me. Dispite 4 people (all friends of mine) calling off today, they still didn't need me. It will have to be like WWIII before I get called in. So, What is a Jobless, Pregnant Woman to do?

Swim


I took my friend and her 2 children swimming in the pool! This is day 4 of the swimming. Everyday.

Last summer I would have enjoy it a bit more. I don't think I can jump into a pool. So, I scoot in. Not as much fun. I am also tryingto avoid the mask of pregnancy, so I apply sunblock to my face and chest. This isn't working. After several days, I am PINK. I know, not too big of a deal, but if I keep this up, pink may go to red. Apparently sunblock must be reapplied. Uh-Huh. Who wants to get OUT of the pool to apply? Not my friend's little one!

He is also pink. Dispite her chasing him trying to dry him, then applying it, only to have him immediately jump in the kiddie pool, then redry, reapply, and hold him hostage for 10 minutes until we figured it had dried well enough, the kid is still PINK. It hit 101 degrees here. So, we played in the pool, everyone drank multiple bottles of water, and we took a trip inside every hour or so. We also bought turkey to make sandwiches.

I didn't realize that after we ate, my friend left the turkey on the counter, knowing her little one would want to eat again in a little bit. My Momma has a kitty. A bad kitty. A naughty kitty. When her older daughter wanted a snack and had to pee, we sent her inside to grab the turkey and bring it out. She ended up coming out with oranges and apples, which work just as well, so we ate those. When we went in an hour later, certain that we would feed the children half sandwiches, eat whole ones ourselves, and be back in the pool in 15 minutes, we found an empty deli bag by the back door.

Apparently my friend's daughter went in, and found a kitty stuck with his head IN THE BAG and saved the kitty. But thought the kitty would get in trouble, so she brought out oranges and apples instead. She forgot to hide the evidence though.

My other friend, let's call her Coco, is in Hawaii. Greeting her husband. Right now. As he returns from Iraq. He is stationed there for at least a year, so she took a semester off school, moved don there last month, and has spent that month on the phone with me asking to borrow George. She has dealt with giant cockroaches that hiss and fly, a gecko who is now her nightstand buddy, giant spiders, scary neighbors, furnishing her first place, and all the military crap along the way, without anyone else. I have sat up till 6 am our time, helping her with allof these issues. The cockroach one was awesome. Her screaming made her neighbors run outside to try and see in her window, they shouted at her, asking if she was okay, and she invited them upstairs to kill the cockroach (the same cockroach I had spent 20 minutes convincing her that cockroaches don't eat humans). Husband in Iraq, all alone, 3000 miles from home, and let's invite a random man to come upstairs to my fabulous new apartment and kill a bug! That is COCO!

I just met her 6 months ago, but she is possibly the nicest person I have EVER MET! She also got me hooked on a certain wine, that while cheap, is amazing and highly addicting. I want it everyday. I only enjoyed 3 bottles in the month before I got pregnant, and that just wasn't enough. I am not really a big drinker, tequila shots every 2 years, strawberry daquiries with my mom once or twice a year, and I had NEVER enjoyed wine. Now I do. Oh, and I drink champagne on my anniversary (ha! not this year, anniversary is in 5 days) and at weddings.

The parent debacle. Oh my. So, for the last few months, my step dad has not been able to pay his cell phone bill. So, we just sent over whatever my mom needed to pay it (we have 5 of us all on one plan) and were done. Well, now we are struggling, and couldn't do it this month. My mom is ever diligent and kept track of how much we gave her for my step dad's bill. $679. For my step sister and step dad. Now, we have to pay our taxes (we pay every 6 months) for the house, and that is our last $700. So, my mom told my step dad on Friday "Stacey as paid for nearly 6 months, she is hurting right now and could use some cash. She won't be paying the bill for you this month, so I need the money or the phones will get turned off." All of this after a month of not seeing him. He never even got back to her. So, she turned off the cell phones. My step sister's boyfriend called and asked if he could pay their bill this month and pay me back. I said "SURE!" Apparently he had $400 in birthday money and wanted to help them out. So, I told him how much the bill is this month, and how much I am already owed. He said "Oh man! No way can I dish out that much!" and told my sister the grand total. She told other sister who told brother, and they all confronted my step dad, and said "Why didn't you pay?" He doesnt let his kids, even though one is 17, one 15, one 14, know his finances, so he became enraged. At me. For telling the boyfriend the amount.

I was trying to help you! And help myself! So, now the break is complete, siblings are with their dad, their dad hates my mom and me for everything, and I am back to being the only, lonely child I was 5 years ago when my mom met him.

This is soooooo much drama. We aren't usually so drama filled.

I am also sad. My child will not know the giant holiday meals. Or have aunts and uncles. Or know these people. It breaks my heart.

No comments: