Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I am SKINNY!

During my training seminar today a woman and i started chatting. She has PCOS, and i shared that i have it too. SHE FREAKED OUT! She yelled "OH MY GAAAAAWD. Damn! You're too skinny to have PCOS! Gawd what are you 120 lbs? And you have no facial hair and no receding hairline........" and blah blah.

SHE CALLED ME SKINNY! Okay skinny for PCOS but c'mon that counts.

Anywho, then 2 other women with PCOS come up and start chatting about it. I FELT NORMAL! I showed off my partially receding hairline (no one notices with the way my hair is) and showed that i have sideburns that are just very blonde.

The only disturbing part, was these women. I am 5 foot, 4 inches, and although i dont look it, I about 185 lbs. So, i am not little. I have DDD's and they make everything else look small.
But these women were big. The first one, lets call her Liz, was atleast 300 probably 350 ish. And the others weren't that big, maybe 230 and 280. But they all had to shave their faces, and 2 of them weren't much older than i am. Now i know im not that amazing, after all, Kate Gosselin has it and she is way thinner than i am.

I just felt like "Wow! The only things i have showing pcos (irregular periods, enlarged ovaries) are minor compared to these women." And for a minute, yes, i thought about a second opinion, until i remembered Kate. Plus, i LOVE my obgyn.

But Liz, scared me. She ate a medium pizza alone, and was nice enough to buy me a personal pan (the place doesnt take debit cards) and she drank 3 1 liter pops, Dr. Pepper specifically. Then when we did blood sugar checks (its a med class) hers was 453. She does not have insurance so she never checks it since the strips cost so much. But still, thats reckless. I made her promise to call her doctor asap. I hope she listens. She was so sweet.

Anywho, im going to play with my pups and go snuggle Gee.

Bobi

1 comment:

VA Blondie said...

Every one shows PCOS a little differently. I have the chin hair, and I am overweight. (Though I could lose the weight if I put some effort into it, and I am trying.)

Thanks for the comment on my blog. IVF felt like a really big step, so the entire process was a little scary to me. By the end of my 2ww, I had convinced myself that it had not worked. We had been through a lot before IVF, and we were conditioned for failure.

I was not all that close to my grandfather, but it was nice to be able to tell my grandparents that I was pregnant.