Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 11, 2011

A Time Line, A Name, An Explanation.

On Thursday, I had a feeling. I felt like my hips were being yanked in opposite directions. I made Gee push on them, but it did not work. On Friday at exactly 7:24 am I ran for the bathroom and met my pizza again.
Then I got sick at the doctor's. Then I vomited on my sidewalk while ALL my neighbors watched. Okay only 3.
Then Saturday I felt rather sick but I did not throw up.
Sunday I went to family dinner at my mom's. I knew I would throw it up, so I ate and ate and ate knowing that these calories would not count. (It tasted really good) Then Monday I went to the school ready for my first day of teaching, and luckily they just had me do paperwork and wanted me back Tuesday to work 8-6. I say luckily because on my way home, I had to pull over on the side of a busy road so I could spew my guts.
I went to sleep for a bit and felt better. When I woke up, I spoke to a few friends about how sick I have been and was told "TAKE A TEST"! So I got my groggy self out of bed and went to the dollar store close by (I was too sick to drive the 20 minutes to the nearest real store.) and bought an off brand cheap test. Well, two.
I got home and started to prepare myself for a big let down. All of my friends on facebook had heard how sick I was by this point and everyone was demanding to be told. I said "Gee has to work tomorrow night and will already be asleep when I wake up to test, so if by some miracle it is positive, I will not wake him, and I will tell everyone when I am ready." I went to bed.

I woke up an hour early with a wave of nausea. I ran! I made it! Then I grabbed a test and sat down. I swear, before I even sat the test down it was positive. I leaned all the way down to the ground (while still sitting on the toilet) and looked, and it got brighter and brighter and bigger and bigger (okay maybe only in my head) and the world got smaller and smaller, and the heavens cried! Then I ran, with pee running down my leg, to Gee, woke him up and hugged him and shouted "You're gonna be a dad!". He said "Thanks. Goodnight" and went back to sleep.

So, I needed someone to tell! So, I text my baby sister (One of the people who had wanted to know) and said "You're going to be an Aunty. But do not tell anyone for a bit." Then I called my mom at work. She was in shock. The only times I have called her at work is when someone has died. So her response was "Better get that insurance situation worked out. Love you. Congratulations."

By the Time i got off the phone with her, my sister had text back and said "omg how? really? can i babysit? am i gonna get paid? i hope its a girl. Can I do her hair?" Typical 14 year old response. All I said was "YES!"
Then I text my step dad. He said "Told you there was a good reason you threw up my steak! Congratulations. Hug Gee for me."
I started to shake. This was happening again. I was going to lose it and end up in bed crying for a week. So, I started to replay the last time in my head. I began to prepare. Then IT hit me.

This WAVE of optimism. IT will not fail. I do not know why I believe this so much, but I do. My mom and Gee have tried to talk me down, to rationalize the situation. But I am untouchable.

I WILL get my BABY!

So, on Facebook, as my status I said "Yes!" and went to work my first day as a daycare teacher.

When I went to lunch, I had 36 comments of "CONGRATULATIONS" and the like. I am not sure how these wonderful friends figured it out but dammit, they ALL did.

So, no secrets here. Everyone knows and I am at my 2nd belly pat already.

Now for the name, Gee was showering and I explained blastocyst and embryo and tadpole, fruit and fetus. Then he went to tadpole. And I said "Can we not go into detail on FISH right now? I will throw up." and he named our baby. "Baby Fishy Monster." He will soon look like a tadpole, and he is a monster making me throw up and my cysts burst. (A monster in the most wonderful "Monster's Inc" sort of way) And I am convinced he is a he. If not, I feel awful calling a girl "Baby Fishy Monster".

Anywho, my back, boobs, pelvis and head hurt. I have enough time before work for a nap and a puke.

Bobi

No comments: