Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 19, 2010

Big Meanies!

I think my husband is a big meanie for yelling at our puppy A, but this isn't about him. Or them.

It is about my mother.
And her house.
And the assholes who robbed it.
Yes, someone robbed my poor unsuspecting mother.

She lives in the middle of nowhere. She can only see one other house from her yard. And we have always felt safe. The only thing close to this was when one of my high school boyfriends tried to break in but failed.

So after a family get together at my aunt's house, i drove home, drove right past my moms and was about 8 minutes from arriving home. And my mom calls me. Our conversation goes like this:
Mom: I'm okay. Dont panic. Drive safe. But someone broke into my house.
Me: HAWHAT?
MOM: I just went inside and someone has taken my TV out of my bedroom, i think the computer is still there.
Me: call 911
Mom: Already done they said i need to go out to my car and lock myself inside until they get here.
Me: I will be there in 3 minutes
Mom: Drive safe.

So i drove safe and arrived 8 minutes later after driving just slightly over the speed limit. Of course my mom was near tears on the phone. Which is a feat because my mom is a tough single woman and has been virtually her entire life. (She was married for 4 years but she pretty much supported him and got nothing in return)
When i arrived the police were inside. And her dogs were petrified. Roo, her young beagle was inside with the cop hiding and barking. Juliette, her older beagle, was cowering and shaking outside. And devil dog was I don't even know, being weird somewhere. (Devil dog hates me and i feel the same way towards him. I do know that he was aroused and tried to hump my arm a few minutes after the police left)

The thieves had stolen my mother's not-even-a-year-old-TV, the diamond and onyx earrings that my Grandfather gave my Grandmother in their 20th or 30th year. All of my mom's diamond tennis bracelets. Her pearls. And the most priceless item, my Grandmother's mother's ring. It had 2 gold bands, on the top was her and my Grandfather's birthstones, on the bottom was all 5 of their children. This ring was her mother's day gift about 2 years after my mom was born.

Honestly, my Grandmother's ring is the only thing truly special. (We later found the diamond and black onyx earrings outside by the fence, they had dropped them when they hopped the fence.)

Oh, wait, no, my mother will tell you that 2 important things are missing, my Grandmother's ring, and HER PILLOW CASE! You see, my mother is very particular about her bedding always being perfect. Everything matches. So, since the evil men took her pillow case, she now has matching bottom and top sheets, a coordinated comforter, and matching throw, and ONE PILLOW CASE! The woman is already feeling insecure enough in her own home and now they mess with her bedroom OCD!

Any who, back to normal people issues, my step dad had to leave his mother* and stay at my mom's the other night because of course, she was afraid, and her back door was kicked in.

But, by 6 o'clock tonight you will never know anything ever happened. We have many friends who work construction so Mr. Sexy Construction man came and worked all day Monday so that my mommy's house looks good as new. It just looks strange not having a TV where they clearly should be a TV.

*My step dad can not live with my mother. His own mother has Alzheimer's and his father cannot handle her alone (he is also very ill) so my step dad and his 3 children live with them 5 days a week and go to my mom's every chance they get. It is sad but my step dad is just like that. He even quit his awesome paying job to take a job making $10 an hour working for his uncle just so he can leave at a moments notice if anything happens to his mother, father, my siblings, myself or his sister who has cancer just about everywhere imaginable. He is a great guy. Very self sacrificing. I love him. He is perfect for my mom. Well, kind of, neither of them speaks up for themselves and they are both so giving that sometimes i get mad because i know they are each mad at each other but no one has the balls to say anything.

Oh, and the thieves still have not been caught. But we are looking for idiots here. You see, my mom had Monday off work, so she was going to paint. So all day Sunday she prepped her house. Which means that if the thieves had even made it into her kitchen, they would have noticed that her big TV, her sound system, and all her antique vases, candy dishes, and plain weird glass stuff, was sitting on the table. It is worth much more than the jewelry and TV and pillowcase. Idiots.

Oh, and they are cruel. Her old Beagle Juliette has a broken clavical and is not petrified of strangers. So thanks assholes, ruin the best dog in the world!


So, if you meet cruel, stupid people, please arrest them.

Bobi

No comments: