Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

He's HERE! Welcome George Huddy!

I am typing this one handed

New man likes to be held. a lot.

But here is a labor timeline I time to write in the hospital. I'll elaborate on it later.

11-12-11 12:25 pm water broke. We spent 6 hours trying to regulate or increase contractions. This did not work. 7:30 arrive at hospital. No progress since day before, 1 cm 60% effaced. 10p pitocin administered. Nurse said I had to hold still and stay in bed for continuous monitoring. 12 a Contractions too painful to hold still. Told that if I move, they'll stop pitocin. I moved. Taken off IV and allowed to move. Take bath and cope alone (nurse at station knitting hat, George asleep) until 4 am. No progress made so I get shot of nubaine and more pitocin. Try to sleep. 7 am Wonderful nurse arrives to see me in pain again and suggests moving! Says she just has to monitor baby as I move! Pain is easier to deal with when moving. 12 p 24 hours into labor. 7 cm pitocin set at 7. Pain increasing. Ask for 2nd shot of nubaine. It doesn't do anything. Lay in bed silently thinking about my awful, but only option. I finally ask for epidural. After 2nd attempt it takes. I nap from 1-2. First sleep since 9 am the day before. Checked around 230 pm. I'm 9.5 centimeters. Pushing skils tested and Georges heart rate drops with each push. A sign that the cord is around his neck. Told not to push, let him descend by himself. Then told I'll probably have a vacuum extraction. Around 3:40 I say I can't hold back on pushing anymore and they begin. The vacuum is used to help make my pushes more effective and get baby out in fewer pushes. If it fails, I'll need a c section. Luckily, we succeed and at 4:20 pm George Huddy arrived weighing 7lbs 12oz and 19 3/4 inches long.

2 comments:

Danifred said...

Congratulations! I've been waiting and waiting for the news. So happy he is here and you are both doing well.
Now, rest! :)
(And congrats again)

Leocyrus1 said...

nice... Car Accident Lawyer San Diego