Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Baby Boys

Just hours before my first date with George, (probably about 12 hours) I had my wisdom teeth removed. There wasn't nearly enough room for them and they went in to dig them out.

For the last 3 days George has been complaining of a toothache. Nothing major, he has awful teeth and doesn't enjoy the dentist. Then yesterday, right after I paid for our birthing, babies and beyond class at hospital #2, he started really complaining. Then claimed he couldn't talk. I figured he just didn't want to use his only day off to go to the hospital and sit for 2.5 hours. But I relented and agreed to just have my mom step in as my partner.

Then George kept howling and complaining. So, I inspected his mouth. Sure enough, I realized he didn't have wisdom teeth. Odd. I thought they arrived between 16 and 20. But he didn't get them removed, I knew that. So, I called the dentist and said "Please, make my husband stop crying."

The receptionist's reponse?

"What'd you do to him?"

I explained the situation and she agreed to get him in at 9 am today.

I told him and he sat silently all afternoon until I left for the class, when he went to bed.

Our class was awesome. But my mom is not the person to take. She giggled, and made me giggle, then got the lass giggling. All during our relaxation exercises.

When I went to the hospitals front desk, carrying a bag, pillow and blanket, plus sporting my belly, they immediately started to send me to the maternity ward. I didn't realize what they were doing until my mom said "She just needs to find the auditorium." and then giggled.

I couldn't understand. Am I that big? I was SMILING AND LAUGHING! I was also speed walking because we were running behind. HOW DID THAT CONVEY "IN LABOR"?

My mom said they just thought I was the happiest patient. I am skeptical.

My mom and I got BK. Which is a new favorite of mine.

I came home. I slept. George hogged the bed. I clung to the edge so I wouldn't fall out of bed.

Took George to the dentist. And he started shaking. I have never seen this man truly afraid. And I have seen him minutes after being stabbed (he tried to break up a fight and one of the guys pulled a knife and accidentally got him instead of his opponent) and after miscarriages, and loss. But the dentist. The damn dentist scares him. He was awful. They checked him out. Did xrays. The usual new patient stuff.

Then the news. He has gum disease (no shock, I knew it was bad in there) and is getting his wisdom teeth. The upper two are peaking a little (yay my baby is teething) and the lower right is just below the gumline. The bottom left though, it hates him and is infected and there is no way it can make it through. It actually has loosened a filling from years ago.

So, George got some vicodin, some antibiotics, and a referral for an oral surgeon. Once that tooth is taken care of, we can go in and fix the rest of George's mouth. WOOOOOH....eh.

Called the oral surgeon. He can squeeze us in for a consultation on September 22. Meaning George has 20 vicodin to make it a month. Hopefully it is the infection causing so much pain. Because the man has already popped 2 of those bad boys and it hasn't even been 12 hours. Then I remembered my own oral surgery. After the consultation, it was 3 months before they could get me in for the surgery. Meaning they would either get him in right before Christmas (yay first Christmas with a baby and George will be grouchy, in pain and probably won't want to eat) or right after (booo he wants to use all of his dental insurance (only $2500 a year) before the new year, so that come 2012, he gets another $2500 and can get more work done. I just don't know folks. If we have to wait 3 months though, I will call the dentist and have them get started on fixing my husband before the oral surgery, if possible.

He has never had dental insurance. Ever. It was always state funded stuff and back woods doctors. The Army did a little, but they wanted to wait, and wait and wait, and nothing got done.

So, most likely, it will be at least a few months before my husband has much relief. Until then, I have two little boys. (Achilles is a big boy. 80 lbs. big)

No comments: