Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers-Getting Nervous

In a few months, I will be a mommy. I will have a human life looking at me and expecting the world from me. I will be in charge of everything this little man needs.



  • I am getting nervous.



  • Huddy loves garlic. Or hates it. Either way it is a sure fire way to get him to kick and wiggle.

  • I am 28 weeks. Maybe this Sunday we will do hospital tours. Our first pick was a close hospital that has tubs, but theyre not much bigger than the average bath tub. It is about 30 seconds from my aunt's house, so close to family, and only 20 minutes from our house. But our second pick has nice giant birthing tubs with jets and such. I am now leaning towards number 2. Hopefully a tour will help.

  • George has finally realized that Huddy rules the roost. If I want to sleep 12 hours a night (now that I am finally sleeping, I feel like I am trying to make up for the 20 weeks I went without sleep) I had better make a plan to eat somewhere in the middle of that stretch. If I want to go visit friends, I had better pack a lunch or make sure they have plans to feed us.

  • George also has began rubbing the belly, kissing the belly, and complimenting the belly everytime I pass him. So sweet!

  • It has been hard to get George on board with this whole "Baby is in there" thing until now. He was afraid to get excited for so long, and now I think it has finally happened.

  • Sometimes I forget I am pregnant.

  • Achilles, (A) turned 3 yesterday. Now Moose is 4, and Achilles is 3. My furry babies are making me feel old.

  • I had to stop by a fast food place to get an ice cream with oreos in it for breakfast. People stared at me like I was crazy.

  • I need some comment love. I feel neglected over here.

  • George forgot to pick up toilet paper, so we have just under half a roll left. (Pregnancy brain has let me forget to buy some for a few weeks now) We have never been this low on TP. So no upset stomachs allowed until George gets home from work tomorrow.

Now go check out Danifred, who so far has not posted her FNL (she's on vacation, we will excuse her), but who always provides the best and most interesting leftovers. Oh, and for leftovers today, I am eating stroganoff. The best. Made it all day yesterday. YUM!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Here from FNL...

I remember how nervous I was during my first pregnancy (and that was pre-IF). I can only imagine what you are going through.

Ice Cream for breakfast while pregnant sounds perfectly normal to me (I was craving things like raviolis for breakfast while pregnant).

Wait until Huddy is 3 then 4 and then 14 (my oldest son is going into 9th grade) and see how old you feel then. It's mind blowing.

Jeni said...

Stopping by from FNL...

I was also nervous when the reality hit that we were only 12 weeks ago. It will pass...believe me. I got to the point of "just-get-this-kid-out-of-me-now" and while I was disappointed that I ended up needing a c-section, I was just so relieved to not be carrying a baby elephant in my midsection anymore.

Best wishes with selecting a birthing center- do what's best for you, George, and Huddy...which may not be what is most convenient for family, and that's ok.

Bobi AKA Stacey said...

I cannot imagine Huddy past 3. Any farther than that and I want to pull my hair out! I want a baby, not a teenager!

Yes, I am very nervous. Either way he is coming out, someway, somehow.

I think I settled the hospital debate. We want the best, and the best for us is the tubs. People will just have to suck it up. But we still plan to tour both hospitals as a formality.

Thank you both for popping over!

Danifred said...

So awesome you have choices for your birthing hospital. Sounds like choice #2 is pretty awesome though :)