Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Amazing

Our pregnancy is nothing short of amazing. So, let's review.

In week 10 we discovered that Huddy was just Huddy, no twins, thank goodness. Twins run on my side and even some triplets. We were relieved to find out we just had 1 bundle who looked like a starfish.

In week 12 we got to see just how handsome Huddy is. He was a big head with tiny appendages and he threw a fit when the tech made me move all over to wake him up so she could get her measurements.

In week 13, I started spotting. Had a freak out moment and was put on light duty and pelvic rest. My work couldn't accomodate this, so I got 2 weeks off. Two days later, on Mother's Day, I woke up in extreme pain. I thought I pulled a muscle. Then I thought I had a kidney infection and was a huge baby for making my mom and George take me to the ER for an infection. Turns out, it was Kidney Stones! Huddy's heart rate was high, mine was too, plus my BP was twice it's normal amount (I'm always low) and my oxygen was 2 points above the point where I would have been admitted. It hurt to be alive, let alone breath!

We survived it all, and after that, things got better. Sure, everything we own decided to break down, but we survived. I went back to work for a week or two, and then I was told to be a sub. And never called back. At 27 or 28 weeks I got unemployment. Very exciting stuff. We can finally afford to get Huddy STUFF!

Yesterday at 29 weeks and 6 days I learned how to use a push mower, and mowed our side yard. Only stopping to ask George to help pull up my pants. I couldn't pull the start thingy myself, so it was easier of I just held on (so the mower didn't turn off) while George tucked my maternity pants back up to my boobs. I am sure our neighbors loved watching this.

Nesting. It has appeared to come and go, sometimes I get a ton of energy and just clean. Like a madwoman. Then it goes away and I am lazy and tired. Last night/yesterday, it was bad. I did a week's worth of work in a day, and couldn't stop until 2 am when I just felt too achy to continue.

We found out we're rich. Apparently my unemployment means we don't qualify for anything. Not even a free breast pump! Which every single one of our friends has qualified for. Yet, we make less than them. Still trying to figure this out.

Last night I also learned that I will not be buying a crib. My friend from childhood, a male, is buying it. Which makes me very happy. He had hinted before, but I hadn't heard anything for months, so I was planning to buy it today and pick it up this weekend. Nope. YAY! CRIB!

Huddy is playing games with me. Not the fun kind where I push him and he pushes back. This game is called, "Breech? Or Not?" You see, this little fetus thinks he is soooooo funny! He spends a few days turning himself so he is just about ready to drop down in my pelvis, and then he changes his mind and come right back up. So, off and on for these few days I have some pressure, some hip pain, some toes under my ribs, and can eat, then he comes right back up and I can't even eat a whole piece of pizza! According to my book, this could continue until birth. NO IT WILL NOT! I am about to open up my belly and turn this kid myself and inform him that if he moves again, I will stop eating oranges. Which are his favorite. He kicks like crazy after an orange. And garlic.

I am 30 weeks today. 10 weeks until Prince Huddy is here. He just kicked up high enough where I felt it in my boob. And again. He's a happy little guy. Just took a break top watch my belly, and it DOES move when he kicks. So amusing!

I now need to get him in a mood to do this again when his Daddy is awake, and have him record it. Then put it on youtube so I can share it! So amused!

He has kicked 2 more times for Daddy. Very good boy. I am about to stand on the street and charge people to feel my belly. Everyone wants to touch it! He still has only moved for his Grandma, Graham Cracker (what I called MY Grandma, his Great-Grandma) and his Daddy. But we could change that. 9 pm and 7-8 am are his usual awake times. He is awake now because I ate. What did I eat? A pear. A hot dog. Ice Cubes. YUM!

Any day now, 3 of the 13 pregnant women in my life will deliver. One has an induction planned for Friday, but I think she will go before then. She is the most important. She is my old boss. Not BBBB, the one who left and made me supervisor. We are still close. And since our boys will be 10 weeks apart, we plan on getting them together. Huddy and her son, Dodge, can be best friends and do boy stuff together. Very exciting. And both their daddies play xbox too much, so they will both probably end up like that. BOOOO!

The other 2 pregnant women? One is a beyotch, the fertile who LOVES PREGNANCY and thinks it is so easy and getting pregnant was so easy. BLAH! We don't plan to let Huddy associate with THAT baby. (We don't see them often, so it won't be a problem)

The other is a friend from high school. We never hung out, and still don't, but we talk a lot. It's her second daughter and she is my venting buddy. We bitch to each other.

Huddy's calming down. Must be nap time in my uterus.

Makes me sleepy just thinking about it. Better go do something to keep me awake!

No comments: