Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Of Mice and Men

Last night, while cooking I thought I heard the sound of something moving behind our dishwasher. Then I turned and saw our cat playing with a twisty tie, and assumed I had just heard her and it only seemed like it came from behind the dishwasher.

Today, I got up and our other, smarter, wiser kitty, was staring at the dishwasher, swishing his tail back and forth, and looked ready to pounce. This tells me I have a mouse in my house. I have no other signs of this, no droppings, no sightings, no food with bites out of it. Our house is insanely clean. Cleaner than it has ever been before. I clean all day.

When we moved in, we found mouse traps, rat poison, and such. But we have never had any signs of a mouse, so we never worried. We live near some corn fields, so mice are pretty popular, but since I have never even hear a squeak, I have never had cause for concern.

Now, I am freaking out. Mice carry germs, destroys food, are generally gross, and freak me the hell out!

Boo, the trustworty kitty who heard the noise, once caught my hampster 10 years ago. He batted it and played with it before I caught Mr. Wiggles and put him back in his cage. If Boo caught a mouse, I can't say for sure he would eat it, or kill it, but he would enjoy beating it up. Iee, our playful, weird kitty, she is unpredictable. She surprises me constantly. Hopefully, she would kill it. But I couldn't watch it get killed! I couldn't stand to watch an animal suffer in a trap either, and if a cat eats a poisoned mouse, said cat is also poisoned. So, what is a girl to do?

Get a man! Tomorrow, after George gets off work, we are mouse hunting. Or he is, while I clean like the crazy woman I am. I can not handle a mouse. Nope. Can't take the thought of a mouse in my house.

If we catch said mouse, I plan to pop him in a jar, and let George drive a mile away and drop the mouse in a field. Yep. No killing. If we can't capture him though, we are screwed!

Any suggestions?

And remember, I have to spend the night in this house, alone, while George goes to work. EEEEK!



I said eek, not squeak. No squeaking.

1 comment:

Bobi AKA Stacey said...

I was pretty sure it was Mr. Wiggles, but now I just can't be sure.