Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Goodness!

So, my phone lately has been sending text messages to more than one person without my approval.

Next part of this story.

My best friend, who is supposed to be throwing my baby shower, has gone away. Just poof! For 2 months. I only knew she was alive when I checked FB. So, this last week I have just been really angry at her. Way to pick a shitty time to run away! George has allowed me to vent, convinced me it wasn't like we did anything, it was just her growing away from us, and kept me sane. Then today I see on FB the reason she went away. A new boyfriend. She changes slightly with every guy.

The last one was an old friend of ours who loved kids and loved family. So, she spent a lot of time with me during the first part of my pregnancy and they even talked about adding another child. (They have 3 between them) Then they broke up. She cried for a week, I was on bedrest, so she went out drinking. Then drank for the next month or so from the sounds of it. Then met this new boyfriend. Who is into partying and such. So, not the kind of guy who you bring your pregnant friend to visit.

Well, I text George a very snotty remark about this friend and the new boyfriend. Only to find that it sent. To two different people. One being her. Thanks cell phone company!

Well, as you can bet, she called me. She was pissed at first, but then I explained why I was so bitchy and she even agreed with me that she had fallen off the face of the Earth and was sorry. Apology NOT accepted. Prove it!

So, we talked for half an hour and then she stopped to get gas. She said she'd call me right back. While waiting I have wrote this post.

Still waiting.

Yep, maybe she fell again?

I think I am going to end up throwing my own baby shower at this rate. My aunt is letting us use her house, and she is in charge of games, but everything else was left up to this one friend. Who has, once again, fallen off the face of the Earth. So, I guess food, invites, photography, making the list for thank yous, and all that other good stuff, will fall on me. Imagine me opening a gift, throwing away the wrapping paper, writing down who it is from, and then opening the next and repeating the process. Maybe 3 hours won't be a long enough shower! OH! Cake! Since I am doing this all on my own because, I am a loser who's 2 best friends live in New Mexico and Hawaii, and the world sucks, I may need to get an idea of how to throw a baby shower.

Especially since I have used every excuse in the book to get out of them for the last few years. Seriously, it has been 3 years.

Do they make Throwing a Baby Shower for Dummies?

Better google this.

No comments: