Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 11, 2011

I am BACK!

My goodness. It is so nice to finally have my laptop back. I was so excited I actually hugged her (aren't all beautiful things in life women?) and took pictures. I missed my baby Asus.

New things?

I am 27 weeks and 1 day.

I did my glucose test and almost died. Apparently 6 hours without food, then eating a poptart and then going another 6 hours without food sends my body into a tailspin. I was sipping some ice water after a bath, and then BAM I just felt like I was baking in an oven and would pass out any second. Luckily, George was right there and got me into bed so we could call the midwife.

Finances still suck. Between our cars needing $1500 worth of work, our hot water tank leaking, our computers both dying, and George's insurance hating us, nothing is working in our favor. I try not to be a worrywart, but at this rate, if we DON'T get it from our baby shower guests, I have no clue how we will get it.

I did decide that after 60 days of not hearing anything from the school, I should count myself jobless. So, I filed for unemployment. The school is claiming I am on a voluntary leave of absence. Well, if it is so "voluntary" I would have liked to go back about 3 seconds after it began.
And after 60 days of not hearing anything, I consider myself let go. So, when I do go back to work after Huddy is born (I'd go back into the working world now, but who hires a woman who is 27 weeks pregnant?) the 6 months of not working for the competition will be over.

I am trying not to get my hopes up on the unemployment thing. It wouldn't bring in too much, but it'd be enough to get a crib and some baby items. The downside? They want you to apply for a job at 2 places a week, yeah, when I have a newborn, I doubt I will be doing that.

The only reason I see for me not getting unemployment is that I wasn't at the school for 6 months. But I went straight from one great paying job, to the school, where I made several hundred dollars less, and didn't have more than 30 days off in between. Which the guy who suggested I file for unemployment said makes me qualify. I don't know.

Oh, and I have made a decision. An important one. I will be going back to school. I am going to attend the small community college that is 10 miles away, and try to take classes in the morning or evening or online, and then get a job working 4 hours maybe 4 days a week. All of this is after Huddy is born, so I would like to keep my time away from him to a minimum. But he will be about 6 weeks when spring semester starts, so I will be giving myself adequate maternity leave. I would like to just go to school, but even with grants and scholorships, I don't know that we will be okay financially, and only working 16 hours would be enough to give us some extra money.

Anywho, I will be doing my best to post at least 3 times a week now that I have a computer. And no job.

Stacey


No comments: