Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers


Welcome to Friday Night Leftovers!
  • What are you eating? I have been meaning to do a food post, but I am slacking. I recently made a gluten free, msg free version of my amazing stroganoff. Now if I could only make it fat and calories free. I also have been experimenting with Bagels. Just adding weird stuff to them, using them in odd ways, and loving them.
  • I received a frantic call from my sister late last night. She is 17. Or will be in a few days. Her boyfriend is a total jerk though. I thought she was just being dramatic but then I witnessed it all for myself after I picked her up and rushed her to his house. He threatened suicide when she got mad at him, then turned off his phone to freak her out. Then refused to see her. So I took her to my house and let her cry on my couch. Then this morning I got to overhear just how bad this kid is. He screamed and yelled at her, saying demeaning and abusive things about her being "worthless without him" and many other things. Later he sent some awful text messages and my sister allowed me to read them. He called her every name in the book of "awful things t say to a teenage girl". So when I told Gee, he sat down with her and discussed abusive relationships and self esteem and how beautiful she is. Then he called my step dad and explained the situation. (All my step dad knew was his daughter was upset and his step daughter kidnapped her) This had to have been a hard conversation because my step dad loves my sister's boyfriend. He was not aware of just how awful this kid is. Even so, Gee still did not tell him everything, because we do not want my step dad killing this kid. Although Gee and I made some disturbing threats after my sister left, one of which involves locking the kid in our crawl space until this snow melts, the crawlspace floods and the kid drowns slowly in ice cold water. (We were really angry here and have no intention of following through) Then while I was out shoveling, Gee took my sister to the game room and forced her to play video games. During this time I came inside and started getting ready to take my sister home. Then Gee's phone rang, this kid got Ge's number from his sister and was demanding to talk to my sister. Gee hung up on him. (Little sister had given me her phone and I had put it on silent so she could calm down)

Then I took my sister home, sat next to her as she listened to voicemails of her boyfriend screaming like a toddler who cannot have a cookie, kissed her, and was dismissed. I made it a mile before she called me. Said boyfriend was accusing her of sleeping with my husband. He said that was the only reason Gee would encourage them to break up, because Gee wants her, and has wanted her since she was 12 years old when he first met her.

I should mention that Gee lived in the same house as my sister for 2 years, she has spent countless nights with us, when Gee was in boot camp he sent a letter to her telling her how she is the sister he never had. (His sister by then was MIA) They play video games together and Gee makes fun of her, Gee is protective of her and encourages me to spend more time with her. She has been calling him her BIL since the second month of my relationship with him. Trust me folks, they have only been alone together for more than 30 minutes maybe 4 times this entire time.

When I came home and told Gee, the threats began. He called my ASIL (which is the sisters boyfriends sister) and explained that she needed to rein this kid in. She did. And fast. The kid showed up at my step dad's house with flowers and a big hand print where ASIL had slapped some sense into him.

The sad part? My sister is going back with him. The good part, she has agreed this is his last chance, and next time he yells at her she is going to smile, and say "Goodbye" and we will changer her number. I know how abusive relationships work, so I doubt she will have the balls to do it, but I also know that if we try to force her away from him, she will want to go back even more. All I want to do is run the kid over.

    • What would you do?
    • I got alot of cleaning done. Very excited.
    • Dogs really need a bath, but everytime I have time to do it, it SNOWS!
    • I am sick of winter and the next person who says "I love winter" is going to shovel my sidewalks
    • Speaking of sidewalks, I did a good deed, my neighbor (Old man who is very nosey) was out shoveling and said he needed a break, that he had double bypass a year ago. So during his break, I shoveled his entire driveway. He looked very happy when he came back outside.
    • My neighbors have a much bigger driveway than I realized.

Anywho, I must now go relax and get ready for bed. Im cleaning two houses tomorrow, then digging out Gee's car, sending him off to work, and having game night with some friends. Check out what Danifred is talking about.

Bobi

2 comments:

Danielle said...

ah... young love. It's hard to reason with it, isn't it?
I hope for better things for your little sister. I have 2 17 year old sisters and I worry about them constantly, I couldn't imagine...

Danifred said...

So, so hard at that age! You were spot on with your advice though. I hope the boyfriend screws up and your sister is able to see just how awesome SHE really is!