Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 4, 2011

my night from hell

I won't say this was the worst night ever, because I have had worse. But this was like the day that never quit!

I agreed to work morning shift tomorrow for one of my girls so I could take a consumer to the doctor. I needed to be up by 630 and out the door by 7.
Gee had still not dug out his car, so he had planned to take mine. But since I was going to be heading to work at 7 and he doesn't get off work until 7, it wasn't going to work. So I agreed to dig his car out at 845 when I got off work. So I start shoveling, and its snow, with ice in the middle. So it was very heavy and my shovel and legs couldn't break the ice unless I tried really hard.
I had my car keys in my pocket as I did this. At some points after 30 minutes of shoveling, I got so tired I would get on my hands and knees, in the snow, and use my arm to pull the snow out from under the tire. Finally I got out. Halfway. The back wheels were out, the front were in. Neither was touching the ground due to snow built up under the car. So my friendly 17 year old neighbor shows up with a tow strap, hooks me up and yanks me out. It was fun getting yanked back so hard. Kind of like a roller coaster.
Then Gee gets in his car and leaves. And I remember that in my rush to get him unstuck, I left my cell phone, wallet, purse, etc. In my car. So I reach into my pocket to grab my keys. No keys. I go check kitchen table. No keys. Those are the places I wouldve put them. So I ransacked the house. No keys. No phone to see if Gee has them. So I walk. All the lights are out at all my neighbors, so I walk. I make it to circle k. I have now been outside for an hour and I'm crying.
While getting Gee out I inhaled a lot of exhaust fumes and I am feeling dizzy, sick, and I can barely breath. So I call Gee from circle k. He says he doesn't have them. I get emotional and he HANGS up!
So I walk crying back home, search the driveway, the walkway, everywhere. Finally I get on facebook and make a plea for help. Someone call my mommy!
So I walk back to circle k and call my mom. Gee has already called her she is on her way. By now it is 1030, I've been outside almost 2 hours. From my knees down my pants are frozen. Solid. Won't move! Very cold.
My mom arrives, we search. We don't find a thing. I need my blackberry so I can atleast call off work! So I call 911 and they say they are on their way. So I wait. It was 1045 when I called. They showed up at 1145 and the officer makes me hold his flash light while he tries to unlock my doors. All fine and dandy. But I've been outside for the majority of the last 3 hours and its below 0! No one seems to get just how cold I am. He unlocks my car, I get my phone, let everyone know I am okay (16 missed calls. Word travels fast), let face.book know I am okay, and then my mom drove me to Gee's work. I figure I may have dropped them or they slid out of my pocket, in his car. They werent there. And his coworkers saw me at my worst.
They always say how cute I am, all short and sweet, how beautiful I am, how lucky he is, etc. It usually boosts my self esteem. Not today. I was red, stiff, could hardly walk, and sore.

So I left. My mother drove me home, commented on how bad my chest sounds, how bad my throat sounds, and left me. She has to be up for work in 4 hours, so I am okay with it. I felt bad enough calling her,
So then I dropped all my stuff on my walkway, fell and hurt my ankle. (More. It was already sore) (I did this all in winter boots that also have heels so you can wear them with a nice outfit and no one will know)
Then I got nekkid. I had a faintly purple but mostly bright red ass and legs. And my face was the color of grammar school red. So I got in the tub. And fell.
So I checked my facebook, and started this blog post.

As of now my legs and ass look normal, face is still gross though. I think its wind burn. And other than a few cuts, future bruises, some swelling and 2 blisters, I am safe and sound. And warm. Goodnight.

Bobi

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That does sound like the day from hell? Did you ever find your keys?