Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I am not Professional.

We were at a level 3 snow emergency last night.
BBBB told my employees they still had to go in.
But because we are not considered "Emergency" workers, we were told by a police officer to stay off the roads.
I agreed with this and told BBBB that my employees lives are not worth 3 hours pay, and that our consumer's family lives with him anyway, they can pass meds if we cannot make it in.
BBBB yelled and screamed at me. Saying things such as "WE are going to lose his medicaid contract!" "His family are not staff" "Youre staff are being lazy!" etc. I said "No, you will not speak to me like this. Call me when you can control yourself." And then i hung up. I proceeded to call BBBB's boss, and he said "She is pregnant, what do you expect?" and i replied "Well, thats fine because I was pregnant a month ago, and i missed my chance to do this" and hung up on him.
No one has called me back. My employees arranged it so the ones who lived a block away could head in, and my employee who lives out by me (26 miles and 40 minutes on a good day) and I could sit on our asses today.
When I told my husband how much hanging up I did last night, he goes "Geez! Theyre gonna fire you now." They wont. How do I know? I am 12 days away from being gone, and they really do not want to pay unemployment. It took 4 no call no shows, countless call offs, countless last minute call offs, and 3 weeks of a girl (Who later said she had been trying to get fired for 6 months) just not doing her job, for them to fire her.

So, I am safe, and I am no longer professional. Atleast not if "Professional" are the same thing as BBBB and her boss are. I am nothing like that!



Bobi

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Geez! If every pregnant woman could get away with acting like that, anytime she wanted, could you imagine what the world would be like?! Actually, probably about as messed up as it is now :/

Hang in there! You are almost done!