Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I want! I want! I need!

So Gee wants to take the $6000 in savings, and use $3000 of it for a down payment on a truck for him. Then sell his car, for $2000, add that to the downpayment, and then put our measly $1000 tax return into the savings account.
GAH!
That would mean, I would have to save another $4000 (we try to always have atleast a few thousand in the bank.) for IUI! (I am not going to an RE at the moment because I can't decide if I want my current OBGYN (who performs IUI's) to do it, or to go to a new obgyn and then travel an hour or 4 to see an RE) This is not what I wanted. I want IUI asap.
He wants a new truck. I want a baby. He wants a car to put a baby in. I want a car that is decent for a baby. And most trucks, unless they have an extended cab and cost an arm and a leg, are not.
I do believe we deserve to splurge a little. He can get a new video game or something, and I can get the Amazon Kindle.
He disagrees.
BUT I NEED IT!
My backseat has 10-20 books in it. Why? Because I always need one when I don't have one! So I try to carry one in my purse at all times. So I switch them in and out of my purse. A Kindle would make this so much easier!
He says that if he had a truck he could get a plow thingy and make extra money, and help our friends move, etc!
Any suggestions?

I should also mention, Gee takes awful care of his vehicles. The car he has now, was my first car. I replaced the tranny and gave it to him after he destroyed his last car. He has since: broke the automatic seat, broke a window, got it stuck 200000 times, broke the cruise control, jammed the tilt wheel, only had 6 oil changes in 3 years, etc. So my kindle will probably last longer than his damn truck!

Just needed to share that before anyone could give an opinion.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hmm. I wouldn't spend that much money on a vehicle that he is just going to run down. Perhaps have him save up a bit more money, or take what is available and buy a used truck and have no payments on it. My hubby and I usually buy vehicles out right with cash.

And as far as the IUI goes, keep talking. Perhaps you can both compromise a bit and save up another $2-3k and "split" between IUI and a truck.