Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 10, 2011

Cheaters

Someone viewed and did not comment. Chicken Poop.



I made my amazing beef stroganoff. Not good for the diet. I ate it. A LOT. Like 3000 calories worth of it in 2 days. I punished myself today. I took M for a run. The pitbull/boxer hauled ass and I just kind of followed. Not really. She is well trained and runs at my side. But at times I emotionally feel pulled. We have a tight bond. If i tried to explain it, you would think I am crazy.

Okay, I will kind of try. She can be sound asleep, and if I whisper her name, or any of the variations of her name I use, she will be at my side within 30 seconds no matter where she is. Right now she is napping and facing away from me. I just looked at her, slowly turning my head and she immediately looked back.

As for her attitude, when she was 7 months old my extremely fertile neighbor came over with her daughter who was just learning to roll over. I was in the kitchen and out of sight. M loved this baby like no other, and always stayed near her unless I was doing something cool. The neighbor was changing said baby's diaper and turned away to do something, leaving the baby on the couch unattended. (I never said she was a good mother) The baby rolled over. Sometime during the roll M must've stood up, and the baby ended up half on the couch and her other half on M's back. I have no idea just how long (no more than 10-20 seconds) she was like that, but when i walked into the room, that is how i found them. I ran over, laid the baby back onto her back and told M she would make a better mother than our neighbor. I told my neighbor what had happened and she laughed it off like it was no big deal. After that, anytime that baby was around, M and I stayed close no matter who was "watching" her.

A year later M had gone at least 10 months without seeing said baby. These old neighbors of our came to visit our house. The moment the baby, now a toddler, got out of her car seat she started squealing at M, and M jumped our 5 foot fence, and ran to that little girl. She kissed her and soon gave her a "tour". The toddler grabbed M's tail and M led her around like her tail was a leash and she showed said toddler all her toys and favorites places. The toddler spent the night that night, and M, who usually sleeps around the foot of my bed or the side, slept outside the door where the toddler slept. The door was wide open, but M has never been allowed to sleep in the same room with the little one, so she knew to stay at the entrance and not in the actual room. (This may also be because that is the future nursery and we have never really allowed M much time in there)

When we first brought M home, we were told by my mother and step-dad that no pitbull mix would EVER be allowed alone with my step siblings. Within months that had changed. My step dad said "The kids can only stay there if M is there" when I had the kids over to our old apartment. I should specify that the apartment was recommended by some friends and they said it was "GREAT AREA! SO SAFE!" and within 3 days of us moving there Gee broke up a fight outside our apartment and ended up getting stabbed. So, we stayed inside unless we had mace, and M.

M became our most valuable possession when I was 17 and she was around 5 months. It was December and I was about to turn 18. I took M down to see my Grandfather 212 miles away. At sunrise we stopped at a rest stop to pee and such. I had my mace in hand when I went inside, but M didn't want to get out to potty for some reason. I wasn't concerned since it had only been an hour since our last stop (i drink and pee a lot) so I settled into the car and got ready to pull out. Then I noticed a semi had turned into the car area not the trailer area, and he was in his truck, parked directly behind me, and blocking me in. I figured no big deal. I would wait him out.

Then i noticed a man walking closer and closer to us. He kept glancing at the truck. Then at us. M was relaxing in the back. But then this man got closer and closer. The semi driver still hadn't got out of his truck. I was getting worried and gripping my mace so tight. Then M\ popped up and nudged me a bit and sat in the front seat. The man walking towards us stopped and glanced at the semi, at me, and at M. He didn't stop. Then M barked. Just a normal dog bark. The guy stopped and fumbled with his shoe while glancing back at the semi. He nodded his head, and I realized something was not right. At this point i start the car and I am fully prepared to run this guy over (hoping my car would pop the curb) or hit the semi.

Then he stands back up and by now is 10 feet from us. M let our a growl and then barked a tough dog bark. Then guy took 2 more steps, and I dialed 9-1-1 in my phone, right as i was about to hit send, when the guy is maybe 6 feet from our car, M growled, snarled, and barked this scary-foam-out-the-mouth-bark, and the guy turned away, within 10 seconds the semi was moving, and I called 911 and let them know I was not stopping to talk to anyone. They said they would go to the rest stop. I never heard back but i drove 90 for about 30 minutes to get the heck away.

After that my husband and Grandfather made me a new travel rule: No Rest stops.

But after that, M became a very valuable member of the family. Heck, her first birthday party cost $300. We had 8 dogs, 5 people, and hundreds of toys. It was in July so a lot of the toys were water themed and therefore, according to the pet toy business, should cost an arm and a leg.

Okay well M is hungry and so am I, so we are going to scrounge up some food. I am happy to have shared about M with you guys even though it was not the direction I had intended to take. Someday soon I will write about just where she came from and why we are so alike.

Bobi

No comments: