Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Miracles

A few years ago my cousin, who has Endometriosis, became pregnant with her second child just 12 years after being told she would never have children. Her first son was conceived when she was 19, and married to a man who never wanted children. They used a condom and birth control just in case. The condom broke. But she could never have children so no one worried. Her cycle was irregular so no one worried after 2 missed periods. But in November 2000 my cousin, who is more of a little brother or a nephew to me, was born. As for her second child, she wa conceived just 8 months after my cousin had part of her cervix removed. Sure she was stuck on bed rest for 4 or 5 months, but she got her second miracle baby after so many years of trying and failing.

Now for the current miracle that has had me thinking all afternoon. Congradulations to R. who has been blessed with a New Years Miracle herself. I will be saying many prayers for her and I hope you will too.

Both of these miracles make me smile, shiver, believe in God, and grasp at what little hope of a "natural" conception I may have. I instantly told my mother, father and husband about R. the moment I read my reader. Miracles are possible and one should never give up on them.

Bobi

No comments: