Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 21, 2011

I am a witch in love.

Okay the witch part. I feel so awful for thinking this so I just have to confess my sins.

My big big big boss is pregnant with her second.
We shall call her BBBB.
She announced her pregnancy in a work news letter that she sent out on Christmas Eve!
Meaning 9 days after I called her crying and told her I would not make it to my monthly meeting of assholes. Yes, I explained why. She said "It is okay I understand, have a day or two to relax."

Bitch.

I believe that the reason i miscarried may have something to do with my issues medically. But i also believe that someone is much more likely to miscarry if every morning at 9 am they have 4 voice mails of "Bobi, call me immediately there is an emergency"

And then Bobi calls and finds out that the emergency is that one of my staff members missed a box on their documentation. CALL THAT STAFF MEMBER! Not me. I know nothing about all of that since it is not my job to know.

But Thanks for the heart attack.

Or the meeting I had 3 days before where I was told I was responsible for fixing all of my last 4 bosses mistakes. (Which I still havent fixed because I cant fix 3 years worth of mistakes in a month. Nope. Cant.)

This boss is newer than I am and was only hired in because she is the high school BFF of the other 7 big bosses. Yes, I have 8 people, who do NOT communicate at all, (Well at least not about work related things) who call me constantly and bitch at me for their misunderstandings and their lack communication.

Yes, BBBB my paperwork is late. Why? Because I am locked out of my office (who is also someone else's home) because you promised to send my consumer something, and failed. So in their anger, they have locked me out. Fix it.

3 days later

Yes, other boss, I am locked out of my office because BBBB promised to send my consumer something, and failed. So in their anger, they have locked me out for the last 3 days. Didn't BBBB tell you that after I informed her?

"No she didn't. You should have personally called me!"

"But BBBB said she personally would tell you." And then other boss hangs up and BBBB yells at me for "tattling".

Yes, this IS the immature company I am working for.

Anywho, BBBB is pregnant and heartless. I have noticed she is missing work quite a bit. (Mind you I cant get off work to see my husband for more than 10 minutes a week and had to pull 4 different favors to get off when I had a temp of 103.7 2 days ago) And each time I find myself thinking"maybe she will miscarry and finally know what it feels like!"
Maybe this is because I know she announced her pregnancy the day she found out, or maybe it if just empty oven envy, but I feel awful for thinking it. But my coworkers agree.

Of the last 4 people in my position at work, 3 of them have miscarried. And ultimately, that is why they left. All of my coworkers know this. So, every time BBBB misses work, someone says "maybe it is her turn." or "i wonder if its the baby."

I just feel like an apology is owed, or some common courtesy or something!



Now for the Love.

Does anyone else look at their husband and think

OH EM GEE! THAT IS MINE! How did I get so lucky?

Because I get that feeling at least twice a week. I love him.

Bobi

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Popping in from FNL.

That stinks about your job. I read back a few posts and you put in your notice? Hopefully you can find something a lot less stressful and more organized.

Sorry to hear about the miscarriage :( and your BBBB's timing was pretty crappy. Not to mention all the time off. Sending baby dust your way!

And your dog M (the pit bull/boxer) sounds so adorable. We had a Staffordshire Bull Terrier (not really the same but kinda) and he was just the sweetest!

Danifred said...

I am so sorry about your loss. So very sorry.

Last year, I had a similar type of boss who made my life miserable. I couldn't be happier to be away from her.

I hope you are able to either move on to another job or find a way to deal with the madness.