Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 24, 2011

37 Weeks 5 days

Since about June I have dreamt of October 23rd. Why? No clue. But I see it on a calender and I think "That's the day" and in my dream, Huddy arrives on that day.

Huddy did not arrive on that day.

Why not?

He seems to like my cozy little home.

I tried bribing him, mandarin oranges probably taste much better via breast milk than amniotic fluid.

I walked.

I had sex.

I tried.

He still won't come out.

I have spent te last 3 hours timing contractions.

10 minutes

8 minutes

5 minutes. For a long time.

Then 7 minutes.

WHAT THE HECK! GET OUT!

Chances are he will come late. Like most babies. Which means another 3 or more weeks in a constant state of "Is it time?"

All of my pregnant friends who have delivered so far (I had 13 babies at the start of my pregnancy, so far 11 have been born) have been induced. Well, one showed up 3 hours early and was in labor. Only 3 babies have been c section.

These statistics lead me to believe that no one delivers on their own terms anymore! I dread the idea of pitocin and the idea of a c section will send me running to the bathroom to lose my ramen noodles. (so yummy and you can cook them between contractions) My midwives believe in only inducing when the baby or mother is at risk. So, my induction wouldn't take place until 2 weeks after my due date. Which is Thanksgiving Eve. But they don't like any extras in the hospital for the holidays, so I am thinking they'd induce on the 21st or 22nd. THAT IS A MONTH AWAY!

I can't handle another month. Can't.

Huddy, please hurry. The people at the gas station Mommy walks to everyday want to meet you, the people at the neighborhood bank want to meet you, and most important, Mommy, Daddy and Grandma want to meet you.

Oh, and our animals!

They almost deserve their own post!

Almost.

Moose! She won't let me leave her side! If I take a bath, she checks on me every 2-4 minutes and she stays right outside the door the entire time. She wouldn't even let me go visit Graham Cracker without her! She also puts her head on the belly and says "mrrrrrrrrr" the same sound she makes when we rub her belly really well.

Achilles! He has been the least receptive to the baby thing. He ignores the crib, thinks the bouncer is for hiding his toys and that the bumbo must be some kind of doggy food dish with holes in it. But recently, he shoves his flattened nose into my belly and sniffs. He either thinks you smell or can sense something.

Boo! Damn cat! He likes to climb on the belly while I sleep and wake the baby. Which means my bladder becomes a squeeze toy and my belly starts a rocking! BAD CAT!

Iee! She loves me so much more pregnant. She comes and checks on me and if she does get on the belly, and she gets kicked, she runs like someone hit her!

These animals need a baby. Or to leave the belly alone! Poor Huddy.

I have been nesting. In doing this, I delegate all the tasks I can't do to George. Who starts them and never finishes them. He is killing me. My house is a mess with half finished projects. And the car still hasn't been cleaned out enough for us to take the carseat to the fire department and have them install the crazy thing.

And now I am off to pee.

2 comments:

Danifred said...

I am so sorry. I remember those last days (and will soon live them again). They are rough times. Hang in there Mama

Leocyrus1 said...

nice... Car Accident Lawyer San Diego