Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 3, 2011

Ultrasound

We went for our ultrasound appointment today. They called us back for registration and I was flustered and said that I felt light headed.

So they forced me into a wheelchair and wheeled me down to the radiology department. While everyone stared. I felt so dumb! I was just a little light headed, not "I am going to pass out" but "my mind won't function because I am light headed".

George followed my chair and giggled.

Huddy's head is down, way down, and they couldn't get any good shots because he had such little fluid around him down there and he had his hands up to his face.

No word on his measurements or weight, but he is healthy and still a boy.

Yes, we asked them to make SURE.

George said he always figured we'd have a girl first, and that he just couldn't believe it was a boy. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be returning anything and everything.

Our hot water tank finally rusted out the bottom (it is old and apparently our water hates us) and my ex step dad had to come over and help us out. I swallowed a lot of pride.

We talked a bit, and the dogs had a field day seeing their Grampy (still a dirty word in our house since the dogs assume he is coming anytime we say "Grampy"). It was nice.

He said that he has struggled for years to support his parents and his kids, and that sadly, my sister's pregnancy is just one thing he can't afford. So, he is also swallowing some pride and getting some government assistance to help them out. I don't blame him. Babies are expensive.

I feel like such an awful thing could not have happened to a more devoted father. I think he blames himself since he told her she couldn't see the boy anymore. He thinks that is just the motivation she needed to try and get pregnant.

I still can't get over being 14 and trying to get pregnant. I was a naughty teenager, but that is just AWFUL! And she is still excited. She hasn't cried or anything and is still super excited. He thinks she won't realize the extent of the damage she has created until 2 am when no one else gets up to help her with a screaming baby.

I really hope she comes to her senses earlier than that, for the baby's sake.

No comments: