Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pretty!

Isn't the new template so pretty?

It is somehow still masculine enough to be a blog about a little boy too! I like it.

Tonight, or last night since it is past midnight, my mom and I met up and made cookies! All day I wanted a flipping cookie. George has been going to her house to shower before work, so at 7 when his alarm didn't go off (he is working 11 hour shifts and skipping his days off for a week since his employer, who HATES overtime, is actually allowing it) I nudged him and asked what the plan was. "Screw showering, the hot water tank will be fixed in the morning." So no shower before work. So no going to my mom's to make cookies. SO NO COOKIES!

I text my mom and she said I could just come over after I got George off to work and we'd stay up and eat cookies.

So, Moose and I went to my mom's. We made the dough and had one batch in the oven when her evil cat jumped onto the counter, and in the time it took me to take 3 steps had shoved her entire head in the bowl and ate enough cookie dough to have filled MY MOUTH!

Neither my mom nor I have ever tolerated the cat on the counter thing. It is disgusting, yet this cat is AWFUL! She gets into EVERYTHING! I honestly contemplated some animal abuse. Not even going to lie about it. And I did say "I hope that makes you sick". Then Moose gave the cat a dirty look. Not even my DOG would dare to eat something unless she was invited to!

So, we only had a dozen cookies. And for a pregnant woman who has craved cookies all day, and her momma who has heard about cookies all day, it just wasn't enough. So we aren't sharing with George. And my mom only took 4 and offered me 8. As she now says "gotta feed the baby".

OH! Because of George's teeth, when he didn't feel up to it, my mom went with my to baby class. And in the first class they said how pregnant women should only eat an extra 300 calories a day. Now my mom has always said not to eat like I am eating for 2. But when she heard only 300 calories she scoffed, snorted and looked at me and smiled.

Being overweight already, I had wanted to gain only 15 lbs. I have gained 28. Big thanks to the 8 lbs I gained during the month my body went all hypoglycemic and stopped taking carbs well. I didn't eat any different that month than any other month, so my midwife blames the carbs. So I am going with her. NOT MY FAULT!

But the midwives said 20-35 would be good, and that even for my weight, they still prefer for women to gain 25. Then I lost a pound or two and now I think I am probably back up to that 28.

Any freaking way! I got off topic! Momma and I did the math, I NEVER ate before pregnancy. I was a 1 meal a day girl. Maybe a snack if I was lucky. Now, I snack 3 times a day and eat about 3 small meals a day. I eat about 800 more calories than before pregnancy. And I am still within range. So, Momma has declared me fine. George is concerned that it will be hard for me to stop eating like this and even with the 500-700 calories burnt by breastfeeding, I won't lose weight. But lately, I have become sick of eating. I wait until i actually have a grumbling empty belly before I eat or when my blood sugar goes below 80, aka every 2 hours even after a full meal. In the mornings, I am somewhere around 60.

Oh, and blood pressure, the moment that cuff came into this house my blood pressure went and fixed itself. My Graham Cracker (my grandma) let me borrow her glucose meter and blood pressure cuff. My blood sugar is predictable, and I could probably guess within 2 of what it will be at any given time, and my blood pressure went away. The only time I have felt light headed was at the hospital, when, of course, I didn't have the cuff. Monday or Tuesday I will return these items to my Graham Cracker and I will go all wacky again.

Speaking of Graham Cracker, she has mentioned several times how I should write all of these little notes about pregnancy so I don't forget. I have kind of explained that I do it online, but the woman is in her 80's and has been on Facebook for a little over a year, but I fear that blogger may open a whole new world of the internet for her and confuse her. Okay, that isn't really it, she'd probably love reading this and would figure it out pretty quick, I fear...sharing?

This is my private space. This last spring when some people found it, I was extremely upset and felt violated. But this is my Graham Cracker. I don't have anything negative to say about her besides MY FAMILY IS CRAAAAZYPANTS! But that is about it. And I think I would like to show her this stuff. Do I do it? Can I do it?

I'll let you know. Maybe I can even get her blogging. How cool would that be?

1 comment:

Danifred said...

Sometimes I REALLY wish I would have kept my blog more private. There are times when I wish I could just unleash, but it isn't going to happen.