Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 26, 2011

So Many Problems!

So, George's wisdom teeth are impacted and were infected and are pinching nerves. So, he was rushed for an appointment to have them removed, for Wednesday morning! So, we called his dental insurance to see just how much we would need to pay.

This is where is gets good.

All of it. He hasn't had dental through them for over a year (we had another company before) and they won't cover anything major (like oral surgery) until you have been with their company for a year.

How much does this surgery cost? About as much as George's car.

No way in HELL we can pull that out of our asses. We are living paycheck to paycheck as it is. Before I was approved for unemployment, we weren't able to buy anything. So now we are scrambling to get the last of the baby items. That is where all of our extra money goes, and even that is very limited and a lot less than what we had planned on!

I took a pretty major pay cut to leave the company from HELL in order to be in a relaxed environment teaching in the daycare. Then I got pregnant. We were pretty decent financially, until they made me a sub and just never called. Luckily, the unemployment went through after 60 days of not hearing from them. By then I was 6 months pregnant and couldn't commit to a job (even if they were willing to hire a woman who could only work for a few months) for more than a few months. We have no savings. We had to pay taxes and have repaired both our cars, computers, hot water tank, etc. since June.

We have nothing.

But my husband? He has to take 2 percocet a day to be pain free. He hates that, so somedays he only takes 1 and then is in too much pain to do anything. And I know he is in pain while he is sleeping becase he grinds his teeth and flinches if I touch the side of his face.

I left a message for the Health Department. I have heard they will do dental work and go by your income. Problem is, I don't know if they'll do major things like oral surgery. But I have no other options. George has no credit and with me being unemployed, and everything being in my name, mine probably isn't doing too well either. So getting financed for the surgery is not an option.

Say some prayers, send some good thoughts, anything. We have nothing else.

No comments: