Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Who?



I have been over at Danifred's reading her archives all day. Very nice to see pictures of her babies when they were still babies. It got me wondering, Who will Huddy look like?






My father's genes must be pretty dominant because my brother, sister and I all looked like him as children. Now my sister and I look like our mother's. (Mind you, my hair is still flaked with his blonde highlights and my eyes are aquamarine (green and blue) not the yucky brown of my mother*) My mother, looks like her father. She has since birth.






George looks like his dad, but has glasses. His parents are in there 40's (my mom is almost out of her 40's but his parents had him at a young age, so I think they're around mid 40) and still do not need glasses. My husband? Apparently he had a lazy eye that was never caught, so in order to correct itself, the eye damaged the muscles. So no more lazy eye, but in 1st grade his teacher thought he had special needs because he suddenly went from being able to read at age 4, to not knowing how to read two years later. So, by 6 my husband had giant pop cap glasses. Poor kid.






Husband also had no teeth. Around 2 they took him to the dentist for the first time, and were told his teeth weren't going to grow in right, so to rectify this situation, all his baby teeth were pulled. Then his adult teeth came in, and went bad. My husband has horrible teeth and is horribley ashamed of them. We are actually going to an oral surgeon for the wisdom teeth consultation in a few hours, and after the surgery (which they can hopefully schedule before our bambino arrives) (doubtful as I am 33 weeks today) we are using his new found dental insurance to correct all the issues possible. I want him to be proud of his teeth and to be able to eat sweets and whatever he wants without feeling pain.






His dad has horrible teeth, his mom has good teeth. My dad had a gap in his teeth, but no real issues besides that, and my mom has the greatest teeth around. Seriously, perfect teeth. You wouldn't believe they were real. Me? I have okay teeth. I've had few cavities and they aren't perfectly straight (you only notice if you look closely) but it wasn't a big enough deal to require braces or anything.






As babies, George and I could have been twins. His family lost their house to a fire when he was 16, so I have no pictures of him as a baby, but his mom showed me one of him at around 18 months with white hair. Me? Same. White hair from 6 months until probably around 3 when it became blonde. George was born with white hair, not much of it, but white fuzz, and it stayed that way until around 3 or 4. We both had little baby curls too. We were pale skinned babies but tanned up pretty well as toddlers. Neither of our parents are big fans of sunblock, they just used it to prevent sunburn and grouchy babies, not for any protection from uva/uvb rays.






We both have big lips. Not huge, but juicy, plump, kissable lips. George's are slightly bigger than mine, and in Huddy's 20 week 3D ultrasound I can tell he has George's lips.






We had chubby cheeks and perfect noses, which are both bigger now, his from being a man and needing a man nose instead of a cute button baby nose, and mine is swollen from pregnancy. And better shrink back into my cute button nose.






Who will this wonderful boy look like?






*George also has brown eyes like my mom, but my eyes have beat out 4 generations of brown in order to get to me. Let's hope it is 5 because I have some pretty awesome eyes.






Can't really believe I uploaded a full face shot of both George and I, but there you go.

No comments: